for individual and family campsites for Group Camping
- Complete cancellations
- Prior to arrival date - may be processed on line, or through the Reservations Call Center on business days between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. by calling 1-800-332-1501 within Maine; or (207) 624-9950 from out-of-state.
- On the date of arrival before 4:00 p.m. may be made through the Reservations Call Center during business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. by calling 1-800-332-1501 within Maine; or (207) 624-9950 from out-of-state; or by calling the park directly.
- After 4:00 p.m. on arrival date call the park directly to notify them of the cancellation.
NOTE: Cancellations made after 4:00 p.m., eastern local time, on the arrival date, will result in the forfeiture of all camping fees for that night.
- Partial cancellations and other adjustments must be made through the Reservations Call Center on week days during regular business hours, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. by calling 1-800-332-1501 within Maine; or (207) 624-9950 from out-of-state.
*NOTE: All cancellations are subject to a processing fee. See “Refund Policy” below for complete details.
- Processing Fee
All cancelled reservations (complete or partial) are subject to a processing fee of $2 per night/reservation.
EXAMPLE: If you cancel a 14-night reservation, the State of Maine will keep a fee of $28 ($2 x 14 nights) and the rest will be credited back to your credit card.
- Credit Card Policy Refunds are made to the original credit card on which the reservation was made, less all cancellation fees. The credit card is required at the time of cancellation. (This is a policy of the credit card company.)
Full refunds are given for a complete cancellation (minus a processing fee) if you cancel the reservation before 4:00 p.m. on the date of your scheduled arrival. Complete cancellations made after 4:00 p.m., eastern local time, on the arrival date, will result in the forfeiture of all camping fees for that night.
Partial refunds (minus a processing fee) are given for partial cancellations that continue to meet the minimum stay requirements.
No Refunds are given for:
- NO CALLS / NO SHOWS**
- Late Arrivals – you must arrive, be registered, and on your campsite before 10 p.m.
- EVICTED campers
- Partial cancellations resulting in a reservation not meeting the minimum length of stay:
- Friday and Saturday minimum 2 night stay
- Sebago Lake 4 night stay minimum for reservations made in February
- Site change request regardless of any cost differentials at the campgrounds
**No Shows/No Calls
Campsite reservations will be held for the first night of the reservation period unless cancelled. If the reserving party has not arrived at the park or cancelled the reservation by 1:00 PM on the second day of the reservation, the site will be put back in the inventory and the reservation will be completely cancelled. There will be no refunds authorized for NO SHOW reservations.
Registration and Quiet Time
You must arrive, be registered, and be on your campsite before Quiet Time (10:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.). You will not be eligible to enter the campground if you arrive late, and you will not be eligible for a refund for that night.
To qualify for Maine residency fees, the campers occupying the site must meet one of the following: hold a Maine driver's license; register vehicle in Maine; list Maine as legal residence on fishing and/or hunting license; or qualify for the Maine Homestead Exemption, when paying Maine property taxes.
Moving picnic tables from family site-to-site and using one family site as a group site, by several families, is not permitted in the campground. Consider reserving a group campsite if you need more than one picnic table and are a group or family with 7 or more people:
- Group Campsites - Many parks offer group campsites that are designed for use by organizations and larger family and multi-family camping groups of 7 or more people.
For more information about group campsite reservations, click here, or contact the park directly.
Contact Phone Number: Reservations Call Center: In Maine: 800-332-1501; Outside of Maine: (207) 624-9950; TTY: 1-888-537-7294, 711: AT&T Relay Service
Contact Email Address: email@example.com