Maine State Park Campground Reservations - 2013
The reservations staff, at the Division of Parks and Public Lands, is here to help you plan what we hope will be your best vacation ever in Maine's State Parks. There are many convenient ways to make camping reservations. Please understand that during peak periods, the Call Center telephone lines are extremely busy.
Make your reservation as early in the season as possible, in order to secure a site, and for 2013:
- SEBAGO: Beginning February 1, 2013, at 9AM, we will ONLY be accepting and processing Sebago's campground reservations. On February 4, 2013, at 9AM, we will accept reservations for all 12 parks. This procedure will assist with any congestion on opening day and is in effect for the website, the call center, mail-in, and all drop-off reservations.
- Sebago mail-in reservations must not be postmarked earlier than February 1, 2013, and all others must be post marked February 4, 2013. A minimum of 4-nights, during the month of February, is required for Sebago Lake reservations. Beginning Monday, March 1, 2013, we will accept Sebago Lake reservations for less than 4 nights. For mail-in reservations, the address is: Department of ACF, ATTN: Campground Reservations, 22 SHS, 18 Elkins Lane, Augusta, ME 04333.
- WEBSITE: The internet/website will officially open on February 1, 2013, at 9:00 A.M., and be available 24/7 for the camping season, May 20 to September 8, 2013. Beginning September 9, 2013, all campsites become first-come/first-serve and off-season rates apply. Please call the park directly for official closing dates and fees.
- CALL CENTER: The Call Center will open on February 1, 2013, at 9:00 A.M. and for the remainder of the season will be open Monday – Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. - closed on weekends and holidays. Please call: 800-332-1501 in Maine and 207-624-9950 for all others. The Call Center will officially close on September 6, 2013.
- CANCELLATIONS/NO SHOWS/REFUNDS: All canceled/partial canceled/no show reservations are subject to a processing fee (see the policy on this page for the complete details).
- WALK IN CUSTOMERS: In February, all walk in customers will be required to fill out forms, enclose appropriate payment, and drop off reservation requests. Computers will not be available for immediate confirmation. You may drop off Sebago campground reservations ONLY beginning February 1, 2013, at 9AM. All others may be dropped off beginning February 4, 2013 at 9AM. Staff will process the reservations in the order they are received throughout the business day and week. If you have access to the Internet at home, work, or elsewhere, we suggest you use it to save time. If you are paying in cash, you must walk in and use the drop off method. If you walk in beginning March 1 through September 6, 2013, you can use the Augusta Call Center courtesy telephone to request a reservation.
- IMPORTANT REMINDERS: You must arrive, be registered, and be on your campsite, before Quiet Time (10:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.). You will not be allowed to enter the campground if you arrive late (without approval from the manager), and you will not be eligible for a refund for that night. Generator use hours are 8AM – 8PM.
- To allow all of the public the opportunity to camp at Maine State Parks, the reservation system will accept reservations for the maximum of 14-nights, per park, per person, by telephone or Internet (this policy applies to all campers in your party).
Please be sure to review all of the Division of Parks and Public Lands rules, regulations, and policies before making your campground reservation. As always, we are dedicated to providing quality service to our camping customers, and hope the improvements we make each season add to your state park experience. We look forward to your visit to Maine State Parks this season.